Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favorites overturned


THE two biggest surprises of the night came from the female artistes.
First, Joanne Peh overtook hot favourites Chen Liping and Jeanette Aw to win the award for Best Actress for her role in The Little Nyonya as a Peranakan woman who goes mad after she is sexually abused.
Joanne herself was stunned when it was announced that she had won and was heard bawling her eyes out backstage. She was seen hastily wiping her eyes after her breakdown and walked towards the media corner with a radiant smile after accepting her award.
Said Joanne, 26, with a laugh: 'I used to think it was ridiculous when I saw artistes crying on these awards shows.
'Now that I have experienced it myself, I can totally understand.'
This result was highly unexpected if the pre-awards hype surrounding Jeanette was anything to go by.
When Joanne was named the winner, Jeanette smiled graciously and seemed happy for her co-star.

Taken from The Electric New Paper

No comments: